Wax tip Marcialonga 2015 #5
The wax tip is based on testing along large parts of the trail today , Saturday and regularly testing every day from Wednesday. There are nice conditions along the entire trail . It was -5 in the air and -9 in the snow at 10.00 A.M. today at the start.
Weather forecast for Sunday 25 January 2015 .
Updated: Saturday, 24/01/2015 11:00
The forecast for race day Sunday is: Canazei 9 A.M. -7°C and lightly cloudy with clearing up throughout the day. Predazzo 11.00 A.M. -4 ° C and sun. Cavalese 13.00 A.M. -2 ° C and sun.
Option 1, easy alternative:
1. Melt LF7X . Cool. Ironed one more time and then cool. Scraped with a Plexi and brushed with Swix bronze brush or wire brush.
2. Finish with the Swix Blue Nylon polishing brush.
Alt. 2 – Racing option:
- Iron in one layer of White Marathon DHF104. Iron temperature approx. 150°C
- Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off.
- Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Apply Cera F FC8X powder with an iron temperature of approx. 165°C. Make one fast continuous pass with the iron with a constant pressure - take one side of the groove at the time.
- Wait at least 10 minutes
- Brush the powder with a stiff Nylon Brush. Continue brushing the powder thoroughly away with a Horsehair or Wild Boar Brush.
- Finish with the Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
Use 0,75mm linear structure (T406 eller T423) Use more pressure in the back of the skies.
- Spray one layer KB20 spray klister. (let it dry)
- Melt one layer of VG35 green base binder. (let it cool)
- Melt one layer with V30 Blue (heated lightly to cover the base binder)
- Then apply 5-8 thin layers with VR40 (number of layers are depending on the tension curve of your skies)
- If you now feel the skies are "slippery" addjust with either VR45 or VR50.
For late starters , it is possible to use KB20 green spray + KX30 blue klister covered with VR45. We clarifie here that the klister must be applyed with thin layer.
The conditions will change during the race, and late starters should bring VR55N, VR62 and VR70.