Updated Thursday April 12, 2018
These wax recommendations are based on weather prognoses and testing. The grip wax recommendations applies for today's conditions and will be updated tomorrow at noon. The glider recommendations are valid for Saturday's race.
WEATHER and TEMPERATURES FOR THE RACE DAY:
We had snow fall in the mountains Monday which resulted in approx. 15 cm fresh snow. The conditions varies a lot from dry snow in the highest areas and shadows to soft/moist snow in lower areas and where the sun shines. As it appears now, it will be grip wax conditions from start.
Stone ground skis: Medium. Remember to use hand structure on stone ground skis for better glide.
Swix Structure Tools: “Straight”: 1.00 mm (T423 or T406).
GLIDE: Alternative 1
- Iron in LF8X. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Finish with the Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
GLIDE: Alternative 2 - Racing
- Iron in one layer of HF8X or White Marathon DHF104. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Apply Cera F FC8X with an iron temperature of approx. 165°C. Make one continuous pass with the iron with a constant pressure – take one side of the groove at the time. Let cool approx. 10 min. Brush up the powder with a horsehair- or wild boar brush.
- Finish with the Blue Nylon Polish Brush
Always wear protective equipment when applying gliders.
- Sand (rub) the grip zone area with #100 grit silicon sandpaper (Swix T330 or T0011).
- Iron in one thin layer of VG35 Green Base Binder. Let cool off.
- Iron in one layer of V30 Blue Grip Wax. Let cool off.
- Apply 2-4 thin layers of VR40 Blue Grip Wax. Smooth carefully out between each layer.
- Apply 2-3 thin layers of VR62 Hard Klister Wax. Smooth carefully out between each layer.
If you are using skis with integrated skins we recommend to clean the skins with N18 Skin Cleaner PRO and then use N17Z Swix Skin Care PRO Zero to improve the skins glide properties.
Easy alt.: Clean the skins with N16 Skin Cleaner og then use N15 Swix Skin Care.