When you contact us, for example by visiting our website or making a purchase in our online stores, either as a private individual or as a contact for a business customer or supplier, Brav processes personal data about you. Brav processes your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice and the applicable legislation for the protection of personal data. Therefore, below you will find information about what personal data is collected, why we do this and your rights relating to the processing of your personal data.
1. Data controller
The data controller for the personal data we process is Brav Norway AS (hereinafter Brav).
The contact information for Brav is:
Address: Snøkrystallen 11, 1470 Lørenskog
Reg. no.: 920404499
For any questions or comments you may have about our processing of personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What your personal data is used for
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Setting up and administering the customer relationship. To set up and administer your customer relationship, we process your general contact details, such as your name, email address, telephone number and payment details. We also store the IP address used when you place an order. The basis for processing data, for you as a consumer, is to fulfill the agreement we have entered into with you. If you are a contact for a business customer/supplier, the basis for processing data is a legitimate interest.
- We work with recognized carriers to transport your ordered goods. As such, we disclose the personal data (name, address and telephone number) that is necessary for them to be able to deliver the goods to you. The basis for processing is to fulfill our agreement with you.
- Storage/retention of order and invoice history. We retain order information for use in accounting, tax management and any handling of warranties/returns. The processing is either necessary to fulfill an agreement with you as a consumer, or our legitimate interest if you are a contact for a business customer/supplier.
- Distribution of marketing, newsletters and other relevant information about our business. In order to communicate offers, tips, news, competitions or anything else that we think will be relevant to you, we process your name and email address. The processing takes place on the basis of consent from the person receiving the marketing, usually a consumer or contact for a business customer.
- Marketing in our own digital platforms. In order for your customer experience to be the best possible, we wish to market our products and services by adapting the content on our websites based on your personal data, settings, preferences and purchasing and usage patterns. The information used depends on whether you are subscribed to our newsletter, a customer or visitor. The lawful basis for processing is a legitimate interest.
- Information about potential customers and suppliers. For commercial interests, we process the contact details, such as name, telephone number and email, of potential customers and suppliers. The basis for processing is our legitimate interest in safeguarding commercial interests for our business.
- Recruitment. If you apply for one of our positions, or send us an unsolicited application, we will process the personal data you send us in, for example, your CV, application, your certificates, your diplomas, any references, internal assessments/minutes from interviews, any personality tests and ability tests. The processing of personal data is necessary to implement measures prior to entering into an agreement with Brav. If you consent to this, we retain the application documentation on completion of the recruitment process in order to be able to assess you for other relevant positions at Brav.
- Security In order to ensure a good level of security in all our services, and to detect or prevent various types of abuse of the services, we process logs on servers concerning the detection, rectification and follow-up of security incidents, etc. The lawful basis for the processing is our legitimate interest in, for example, detecting fraud or abuse of our services or payment methods. We have assessed that this processing is necessary to ensure information security and prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
We use certain cookies on our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you download a website. These are used, for example, to improve your user experience and remember who you are so that you remain logged in.
The purpose of cookies is to provide the online store with basic functionality, such as session management, analysis, personalization and marketing.
First party cookies are necessary for the website to work. Third-party cookies are used for analysis, marketing and personalization of the website.
You can withdraw your consent to our use of these cookies at any time by accessing your browser settings and clearing your cookie data.
4. Disclosure of personal data to others
We will not disclose or transfer your personal data to others unless there is a lawful basis or order for such disclosure.
In order to provide our services in a secure manner, Brav must, to some extent, use third parties to process personal data on our behalf. Where necessary, we set up a data processing agreement to ensure that these third parties comply with our and the applicable legislation’s requirements concerning the processing and use of personal data.
Our payment solution for shopping in our webshop is operated by Klarna. We disclose the personal data necessary for executing the payment task to Klarna. Klarna is the data controller for, and collects, the information necessary for the transactions with the bank.
Our payment solution for shopping in our webshop is operated by a third-party payment solution. We disclose the personal data necessary for executing the payment task. The payment solution collects and is itself the data controller for the information necessary for the transaction with the bank.
All processing of personal data that we undertake takes place within the EU/EEA area.
5. Retention time
We retain your personal data with us for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
This means, for example, that personal data that we process on the basis of your consent is erased if you withdraw your consent. The personal data we process in order to fulfill an agreement with you is erased once the agreement has been fulfilled and all obligations arising from the agreement have been fulfilled. Personal data that we process in order to fulfill a legal obligation from the authorities is erased as determined by the lawful basis. This applies, for example, to accounting and accounting rules.
6. Your rights
As a person registered with Brav, you have many rights where it concerns processing personal data about you. You can exercise your rights by contacting us by email or telephone. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and no later than within one month. We will ask you to confirm your identity or provide additional information before allowing you to exercise your rights against us. We do this to make sure that we only give access to your personal data to you – and not anyone pretending to be you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com. To unsubscribe from our newsletter, the easiest way is to click on the unsubscribe link in our newsletter.
6.1 Access to your personal data
You have the right to access your personal data, such as:
- what personal data is registered about you
- information on where the personal data was obtained
- what the personal data will be used for
- who the personal data is disclosed to
- how long your personal data is stored
6.2 Correction and rectification of personal data
You can ask us to correct or made additions to personal data that is misleading or incorrect.
6.3 Erasure of personal data
You can also ask us to erase personal data about you in certain situations. If there is a lawful basis for further processing, for example in accounting legislation, there may be grounds why some personal data cannot be erased.
6.4 Restricting the processing of personal data
In some situations, you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. This applies if:
- you think that the personal data is incorrect
- you object to the processing
6.5 Objecting to the processing
You have the right to object to our processing of personal data if we process personal data about you on the basis of our services or on the basis of a balance of interests (legitimate interest).
6.6 Data portability
With respect to the services we process data about you based on your consent or agreement, you can ask us to transfer data about you to you or to another supplier.
We hope that you will let us know if you have any questions about the processing of personal data, or if you believe that we are not complying with the rules of the Norwegian Personal Data Act. You can easily contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complain about our processing of personal data to the Norwegian DataProtection Agency .
In the event of changes to our services, processing or changes to the rules on the processing of personal data, we may need to update the privacy notice to reflect the actual processing of your personal data. Updated information will always be readily available on our website. In case of significant changes, we will inform you through the contact details we hold about you.
Last updated 21/10/2022