Wax tips for Birken
Swix wax tips for Birkebeinerrennet. Updated Friday. This is our final tip.
Want tip for UngdomsBirken on Sunday?
We will post our wax tips for Ungdomsbirken in the Facebook group called Swix RacingService Norge. The tip will be available Friday.
Swix wax tips for Birkebeinerrennet
These wax recommendations are based on weather forecasts, testing
and our experience.
Night to Friday, there was a few cm of snow. Reports say it will be cold at night, with rising temperatures throughout Saturday. It will be sunny and pleasant weather. According to the forecast, it will be a light breeze from the southwest with gusts of 11m/s at Raudfjellet. The wind can cause some snow in the tracks. The conditions will vary from the lower areas to the mountain tops. You can not count on having the same grip all the way.
Forecast for Birkebeinerrennet (From Yr.no):
|Birkebeineren skistadion||Kl 12.00||+6°C|
Stone ground skis: Fint / medium structure.
SWIX Structure Tool: 1.0 mm linear structure with medium pressure.
GLIDE – Racing alternative
- Iron Swix TSP8 into the base of the ski. You can also use Swix White Marathon as an alternative.
- Let the powder cool before scraping it off with a Plexi Scraper.
- Then brush with a SWIX Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Swix TS8L liquid glider gives a better glide on top of powder.
How to apply powder:
GLIDE – Easy alternative
- Spray on Swix HS8L (LIUQUID) and let dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Finish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush or Swix Red Nylon brush.
We recommend ironing in a layer of Swix PS6 first.
Learn how to apply liquid glider:
- Sand (rub) the grip zone area with #100 grit silicon sandpaper
(SWIX T330 or T0011).
- Apply Swix VG35 base wax with an iron. Let it cool.
- Apply 2-3 layers of Swix V30 blue wax. Rub gently with a cork after each layers.
- Early starters: Finish with 2-4 layers of Swix VP50.
- Late starters: Finish with 2-4 layers of Swix VP60.
- Bring Swix VP60, Swix VP65 and Swix K21s universalklister with silver if you need to adjust the grip.