VinterBirken QR - Wax recommendations from Swix
Updated 19.02.2021. Swix's wax tips for Vinterbirken QR on Saturday.
WEATHER AND TEMPERATURES
(based on info from www.yr.no)
Stone ground skis: Fine structure.
Swix Structure Tool: 1.00 mm linear structure
- Iron in PS8 eor HS8 red glider.
- Let it cool down and scrape off the wax by using a plexi scraper.
- Brush away all the residues of the wax with bronze brush T162 or steel brush T179.
- Spray HS8 liquid glider onto the skis.
- Let dry for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Polish with a soft blue nylon brush.
- Use sandpaper #100 to rub the kick wax area
- Apply one layer with VG30 blue base wax. Let it cool down outdoor.
- Apply two to four layers of V40. Use the edge of the wax to “chalk” it onto the skis. Cork gently with the T21 synthetic cork between each layer.
- Apply three to four thin layers of VP65. Cork gently between each layer.
If you are using skis with integrated skins, we recommend cleaning the skins with N16 Swix Skin Cleaner and then use N15 Swix Skin Care to impregnate the skin.
There will be changing conditions in the tracks, going from dry to wet snow. We won't recommend klister because of the dry parts of the track.
Skin skis will be a good option this day.
There will be an opportunity for waxing assistance at Kvarstad.