VinterBirken QR - Wax recommendations from Swix
Updated 19.02.2021. Swix's wax tips for Vinterbirken QR on Sunday.
WEATHER AND TEMPERATURES
(based on info from www.yr.no)
Stone ground skis: Medium / rough
Swix Structure Tool: 1.00 mm linear structure
- Iron in PS8 eor HS8 red glider.
- Let it cool down and scrape off the wax by using a plexi scraper.
- Brush away all the residues of the wax with bronze brush T162 or steel brush T179.
- Spray HS10 liquid glider onto the skis.
- Let dry for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Polish with a soft blue nylon brush.
- Use sandpaper #100 to rub the kick wax area
- Apply KB20 base klister spray. Let dry.
- Apply one layer with K21s universal klister.
- Apply KN44 Nero or K22 universal if the skis are too slippery.
If you are using skis with integrated skins, we recommend cleaning the skins with N16 Swix Skin Cleaner and then use N15 Swix Skin Care to impregnate the skin.
It is difficult to predict the weather, but we have to trust the weather forecast from Yr.
Bring a scrape, VP65, and cork in case you have to cover the klister.
Skin skis are a good alternative this day.