Wax tips Vasaloppet 2022
Wax tips from Swix for Vasaloppet.
Swix wax tips for Vasaloppet
These wax recommendations are based on weather forecasts, testing
and our experience.
TEMPERATURES from SMHI ( Regarding sunday)
Stone ground skis: Medium structure. Remember to use hand
structure on stone ground skis for better glide.
SWIX Structure Tool: 1.0 mm linear structure (imprint roller that
gives straight structure with medium pressure) (T423).
GLIDE – Racing alternative
- Iron in one layer of DHP-4 Fluor free marathon powder at
155°C. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off
with a Plexi Scraper, and brush with a SWIX Bronze or Steel
Swix TS6L gives a better glide on top of white powder
- Finish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush
How to apply powder:
GLIDE – Touring alternative
- Iron in one layer of paraffin under liquid, Swix PS6 or Swix HS6. Let cool off.
Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Plexi Scraper,
and brush with a SWIX Bronze or Steel Brush
- Spray on Swix HS6L (LIUQUID) and let dry for at least 15 minutes.
Apply the product in temperatures above 10°C. To obtain the best
performance it’s important to allow the wax film to dry entirely.
- Finish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
Learn how to apply liquid glider:
- Sand (rub) the grip zone area with #100 grit silicon sandpaper
(SWIX T330 or T0011).
- Warm in a thin layer of KX20 green klisterbase, alt spray on
- Hardwax: Apply 1-2 thin layer of Swix VP40 (blue). Then add 2-4 thin
layers of Swix VP55 (Purple). Rising temp during the day may need you to adjust the wax to Swix VP60 or Swix VP65. The amount of layer depends on the ski height.
4. Klister: Apply a thin layer with Swix KN33Nero or Swix K21S silver
Important: Choose between point 3 or 4, klister or hardwax on top of baseklister. Klister wants to go better later in the day but risk freezing from the start. Klister should be laid as thin as Hardwax. It is relatively dry and nice snow up to Hökberg. To increase durability, it is important to apply a THIN layer of green basekliser