Wax recommendations for Marcialonga. Updated January 22nd 2020.
WEATHER and TEMPERATURE FORECAST RACE DAY
Temperatures have been above zero in the mountains the last week, and this will continue through the weekend. Weather forecast: Rain along the entire track and fresh to moderate breeze at Finse on Saturday.
- Sand (rub) the grip zone area with #100 grit silicon sandpaper.
- Apply a thin layer of KB20 Green Base klister spray. Let dry.
- Apply a thin layer of KX35 Violet Special klister.
- Finish with a layer of K22 Universal klister.
Take along: K22 Universal klister or K65 Universal Quick klister, KX75 Red Extra Wet klister or K70 Red Quick klister, a good scraper and cork.
GLIDE – Fluor Free alternative
- Spray on CH10XL Apply in temperatures above 10°C. Let dry for at least 15 minutes. To obtain the best performance it’s important to allow the wax film to dry entirely.
- Finish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
For better durability we recommend ironing in a layer of CH6X, scraping and brushing, before applying CH10XL.
GLIDE – Racing, more experienced
Stone ground skis: Coarse structure. Use hand structure on stone ground skis for better glide.
Swix Structure Tool: 1.00 mm linear structure.
- Iron in one layer of DHF104 White Marathon. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off.
- Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Spray on HF10XL Apply in temperatures above 10°C. Let dry for at least 15 minutes. To obtain the best performance it’s important to allow the wax film to dry entirely.
- Polish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
- Apply Cera F FC10X with an iron temperature of approx. 165°C. Make one continuous pass with the iron with a constant pressure – take one side of the groove at the time. Let cool approx. 10 min. Brush the powder away with a horsehair- or wild boar brush.
- Finish with the Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
ALWAYS use recommended protective equipment when gliding skis.
If you are using skis with integrated skins we recommend to clean the skins with N18 or N16 Swix Skin Cleaner and then use N17W Swix Skin Care PRO Warm or N15 Skin Care to improve the skins glide properties. Remember to glide the glide sections in front of and behind the integrated skins.
SWIX has waxing service, sales and info in Geilohallen Friday.
For a fee of NOK 50 we can also help you with the grip waxing and treatment of skin skis on Saturday. You'll find us at the start on Finse and Haugastøl. We recommend that you buy a "SMØREKORT" at the Geilohallen in advance for a smoother start.
We also have ski pole service on both starting points, as well as pole and wax service at all three food stations along the way.