Final wax recommendations for Ylläs-Levi/Visma Ski Classics 2019, Saturday 13.04.19. Updated 11.04.2019. 18:00.
Created according to tests & weather forecasts 9.4.2019. Will be updated based on tests, if needed.
WEATHER and TEMPERATURES
-4°C to +2°C. Mixed, transformed snow.
Stone ground skis: Fine structure. Use hand structure on stone ground skis for better glide.
Swix Structure Tool: Broken V Structure 0,3 mm structure only behind bindings.
GLIDE – Fluor Free alternative
- Iron in one layer of CH5X. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Spray on CH7XL Liquid. Apply in temperatures above 10°C. Let dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Finish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
GLID – Racing alternative
- Iron in one layer of LF5X. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Iron in one layer of HF6X. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Apply 50/50 mix of Cera F FC6X / Cera F FC7X with an iron temperature of approx. 165°C. Make one continuous pass with the iron with a constant pressure – take one side of the groove at the time. Let cool approx. 10 min.
- Brush the powder away with a horsehair- or wild boar brush.
- Finish with the Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
- Sand (rub) the grip zone area with #100 grit silicon sandpaper.
- Iron in one layer of VG35 Base Binder mixed & ironed with few drops of KX35 Violet Special klister. Let cool off.
- Apply thin layer of KN33 NERO Klister over cooled base waxing. Let cool off.
- Apply 2 layers of VX63 World Cup to cover cooled klister. Do this preferably outside.
If you are using skis with integrated skins we recommend to clean the skins with N18 Skin Cleaner PRO and then use N17C Skin Care PRO Cold to improve the skins glide properties.
According to the test, this waxing will work both for 70 km (start 8:25/9:00) and for 55 km (start 11:00)