Wax recommendations updated Friday April 26th.
WEATHER and TEMPERATURES
Weather forecast on race day: Cloudy, light breeze from north. Temperature around 0°C.
The snowfall last night gave 3-5 cm new snow in the track.
We have been testing in the track today and hard grip wax was ok, but we recommend klister because of the great wear and tear from the coarse grained snow underneath the new snow.
Stone ground skis: Fine/medium structure. Use hand structure on stone ground skis for better glide.
Swix Structure Tool: 1.00 mm linear structure. Use light pressure.
GLIDE – Fluor Free alternative
- Iron in one layer of CH7X or CH8X. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Finish with the SWIX Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
A good alternative is to spray on CH7XL Liquid. Apply in temperatures above 10°C. Let dry for at least 15 minutes and polish with a blue SWIX nylon brush. (Remember to have a hard glider as base.)
GLID – Racing alternative
- Iron in one layer of DHF104 White Marathon. Let cool off. Iron in once more and let cool off. Scrape off with a Swix Plexi Scraper, and brush with a Swix Bronze or Steel Brush.
- Apply Cera F FC8X with an iron temperature of approx. 165°C. Make one continuous pass with the iron with a constant pressure – take one side of the groove at the time. Let cool approx. 10 min.
- Brush the powder away with a horsehair- or wild boar brush.
- Finish with the Blue Nylon Polish Brush.
- Sand (rub) the grip zone area with #100 grit silicon sandpaper.
- Apply a thin layer of KB20 Green Base Klister spray or iron in a THIN layer of KX20 Green klister (or KX30 Blue Ice klister). Let cool off outdoors.
- Apply a layer of KX35 Violet Special klister.
- Finnish with a layer of KN33 NERO klister.
It is important to apply a good base layer, as there is great wear and tear from the snow.
If you are using skis with integrated skins we recommend to clean the skins with N18 Skin Cleaner PRO or N16 Skin Cleaner, and then use N17Z Skin Care PRO Zero or N15 Skin Care to improve the skins glide properties. Remember to glide the glide sections in front of and behind the integrated skins.
SWIX will provide wax recommendations and guidance in Svalbardhallen Friday from 17:00.