VinterBirken QR - Wax recommendations from Swix
Updated 05.03.2021. Swix's wax tips for Vinterbirken QR March 13th and 14th Updated: 13th March
WEATHER AND TEMPERATURES
(based on info from www.yr.no)
Stone ground skis: Fine/medium
Swix Structure Tool: 1.00 mm linear structure
- Iron in PS8 or HS8 glider.
- Let it cool down and scrape off the wax by using a plexi scraper.
- Brush away all the residues of the wax with bronze brush T162 or steel brush T179.
- Spray HS8 liquid glider onto the skis.
- Let dry for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Polish with a soft blue nylon brush.
- Use sandpaper #100 to rub the kick wax area
- Apply one layer with VG35 blue base wax. Let it cool down outdoor.
- Apply four to eight layers of V30 or VP30. Use the edge of the wax to “chalk” it onto the skis. Cork gently with the T21 synthetic cork between each layer.
- Apply two to three thin layers with V45 or VP45 violet.
- Apply with V50 or VP55 if necessary.
- Bring VP55, VP60, a scrape, and a cork in your backpack.
If you are using skis with integrated skins, we recommend cleaning the skins with N16 Swix Skin Cleaner and then use N15 Swix Skin Care to impregnate the skin.
There will be an opportunity for waxing assistance at Kvarstad.